Shri Sameer G. Patil
Shri Sameer has more than 23 years of experience with a deep understanding of traded equity and debt assets classes, underlying physical commodity markets, and global Index /FX / interest rate / commodity derivatives in both exchange and OTC markets. In his present role as Chief Business Officer, he spearheads the entire BSE group’s Business Development and Marketing function which includes trading and distribution functions, as strategic ventures of the exchange. Under his leadership, BSE has seen a revival of market share in tradition business segments such as equity, equity derivatives, currency derivatives and fixed income segments. He is also instrumental in BSE’s business expansion and leadership in newer areas such as interest rate options, and commodity derivatives markets.
He was instrumental in conceptualization and setting up of India’s first International Exchange in GIFT CITY IFSC – “INDIA International Exchange “
– where he oversees the Business Development and Marketing function. In a very short time period, India INX has witnessed a single day turnover of over US$ 30 billion and a market share of over 90 percent. He is also credited to launch first of its kind outbound platform India INX GA in GIFT CITY IFSC for Indian Investors to access Global Exchanges like CME, LME, ICE etc.
Due to his rich experience and professional skillset, he is part of various committees and working groups of the Government of India, regulatory bodies like SEBI / IFSCA / Niti Aayog and Global bodies and associations. In this role he has played a key role in the conceptualizing of Gold Spot Exchange in both GIFT city and India Domestic Zone and launch of World’s first ‘Options in Goods’ in commodity segment.
In his previous assignment as Senior Vice President (PKMT & Business Development) at MCX, where he was one of the core founding team Member responsible for the setup of the commodity exchange in India. He is credited for successful launch of the flagship contracts on MCX the Gold, Silver, WTI Crude Oil and Copper contracts. The Gold Petal contract launched on April 18, 2011 was awarded as the Best Innovative contract of the year by FOW Singapore. During his tenure at MCX, he was also instrument in successfully launching and heading business functions at domestic exchanges like MCX and MCX-SX, and International Exchanges including:
- Dubai Gold and Commodities Exchange (DGCX - Dubai)
- Singapore Mercantile Exchange (SMX – Singapore)
- Bahrain Financial Exchange (BFX – Bahrain)
- Global Board of Trade (GBoT – Mauritius)
- Bourse Africa (Botswana)
He began his career with K J Investors Services (I) PVT LTD, an affiliate of Cargill Investors Services, Illinois, Chicago, USA as Senior Financial Analyst.
He currently serves as the member of the Board of Directors of:
- India International Exchange (IFSC) Limited
- India International Clearing Corporation (IFSC) Limited
- India INX Global Access IFSC Limited
- Indian Clearing Corporation Limited
- BSE E-Agricultural Markets Limited
- BSE Sammaan CSR Limited
He is considered a credible and trusted domain expert in a diverse areas ranging from commodities trading, Index development, Hedging Strategies, Financial Product Design & launch, and physical market outreach. He is awarded the “India UAE business Ambassador of the year 2018” at Abu Dhabi for his achievements in financial markets globally. He is Science Graduate from Mumbai University and MBA in finance.